Friday 27 April 2012

Desert Island Reads - Mr Cooper

 
If you knew you were to be stranded on a desert island and you could take 5 books (not including the Works of Shakespeare and the religious text of your choice), 1 CD and 1 luxury item, what would you take? This is the question we ask in our new column, based on Radio 4's Desert Island Disks. Each week a member of staff, a student or a person of interest will put forward their choices.
Friday 27th of April
This week Drama/English/Film Studies teacher Mr Cooper gives us his selection:

1. Watchmen by Alan Moore - There’s just so much to it I could read it 100 times and still discover new things.
2. Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil GaimanThe funniest book I’ve ever read.
3. Tricks of the Mind by Derren Brown - Filled with stuff about how the mind works, with this much time on my hands I might understand it!!!
4. Dracula by Bram Stoker - Because it rocks!
5. The Royal Road to Card Magic by Jean Hugard - The book that got me into card magic and I really should read again to perfect my techniques!
CD – The recording of the Pandemonium Tour by the Pet Shop Boys – 1. Awesome concert, 2. You can hear me whooping in it, as I was stood by the audience mic when they recorded the concert!!!
Luxury – A pack of cards - because no-one can be bored with a  pack of cards on them!
If you are interested in having your choices featured in this column, please email them to: lsaint-smith@gch.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment