Wednesday 19 September 2012

Roald Dahl Day!

For those of you who don't know, last week was Roald Dahl Day, a celebration of the children's author and a chance to promote his charity, Roald Dahl's Marvellous Children's Charity. Here at Grey Coats we joined in by doing a Roald Dahl quiz. The girls filled in a sheet consisting of 9 questions plus a tie-breaker: "If you could be an Roald Dahl character, which one would you be and why?"
A staggering 90% of those who handed in quiz sheets said that they would be Matilda, and all but one person wanted to be a character from the same book.
Here is a selection of the best tie-breaker answers:

"If I could be a Roald Dahl character, I would be Hortensia (from Matilda) because she doesn't care if she gets caught or not. She's so cool, she's certified with swag. She has a sense of humour and her character may not be the best, most polite or pleasant but she makes the book Matilda really fun and enjoyable for me to read. Yes she plays pranks all day and she just makes me laugh most of the time" - Mary

"Matilda, because she's a book worm, just like me! She's adventurous and intelligent and a keen learner as well. I'd choose to be her so that I could have incredible supernatural powers just like her." - Kesaia

"If I could be one of the Roald Dahl characters, I would love to be Miss Honey. Although by no means a major character in comparison to others in the book, she is a character with an interesting past who learns not to care what Miss Trunchbull threatens her with, but that she has to make a stand which was a very admirable thing to do." - Bethia

"Matilda because she ends up living with lovely teacher, she has a library near her home so she can go whenever she wants and she has magic powers" - Bie Tu

"The Giraffe (from The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me) because I'm tall and I can reach tall trees" - Jasmine

No comments:

Post a Comment