Monday 16 October 2023

Introduction and Summer Reading Challenge Summary

Hello GCH! My name is Mr Hanson, and I’m the new graduate trainee librarian. Prior to this role I completed a degree in English Literature before spending a year in a public library, and I’m really looking forward to working with you all this year. My own literary interests lean more towards American classics like Hemingway and Steinbeck but I believe that everyone should keep an open minded approach to reading, so please do seek me out with your own recommendations!


One of my first tasks this term was to go through all of your fantastic submissions to the Summer Reading Challenge, the theme of which was “readaxation”. I’d like to thank you all for your excellent effort, and also apologise for the fact that we couldn’t fit them all on our display!



The editors of our very own school newspaper are currently hard at work sifting through the short stories you submitted - keep an eye out for the upcoming edition, which will feature the chosen winners. If you completed all of the challenges, please do remember to drop by the library to collect your book prize if you haven’t already. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment